Do you see a photograph in our Photograph Collection online that you just have to have? Are you a researcher, web designer or media producer who needs a photograph for your project? Do you have a school history paper and need the perfect photograph to illustrate your text? We can help!
You are welcome to use the low-resolution (100 dpi) images offered online for personal or research use free of charge as long as you give the museum credit in this format: Clark County Historical Museum, (project identifier here).
For higher resolutions (300 – 600 dpi) for all uses, and for commercial purposes at any resolution, use the form below to obtain permission to use the images and to order digital copies. Select images carefully–all orders require prepayment and all sales are final. When selecting an image please check for the Accession Number listed in the image description. If this number is not present the image cannot be reproduced or distributed. Once you have completed and signed the Image Agreement please email it to email@example.com. The order will be reviewed and returned to you with any applicable fees totaled. Upon receipt of payment either by credit card payment over the phone or mailed check, the image will be placed in a password-protected Dropbox for your access unless otherwise agreed. You will be notified when your order is ready, and you will have 30 days to access the file. Allow two weeks for processing (rush orders incur additional fees and are approved on a case-by-case basis). A flat fee of $25 is charged for each image requested. This helps offset the costs of administration, and of storing and preserving both our physical and digital collections. Additional fees, rights and permissions for photo usage vary by type of use. All fees are per image and per use.
Note: See the bottom of the image data page to find the Project Identifier number required by the order form (beginning with ‘cchm’, ‘cmos’ or ‘cmpn’) and to determine whether the original was scanned at 300 or 600 dpi; this is the resolution you will receive.
- Personal Use
- …means using an image for personal, non-commercial purposes such as a wall display in a private residence and personal historical research. No other rights are granted. 100 dpi images for this purpose may be used free of charge; higher resolution images will be assessed a $25 flat fee per image and require a Usage Agreement (included in the form below).
- Research Use
- …means using an image in scholarly research, for reference, or for teaching, but does not include publication. No other rights are granted. 100 dpi images for this purpose may be used free of charge; higher resolution images will be assessed a $25 flat fee per image and require a Usage Agreement (included in the form below).
- Commercial Use
- …means using a 100+ dpi image in a commercial application such as advertising, marketing, publication or corporate/public display in any form. Rights are granted after payment of the per-image $25 flat fee and additional usage fees as listed in the Photographic Collection One-Time Usage Fee Schedule. Feel free to call the museum with any questions at 360/993-5679.
For personal and research uses of high-resolution images, and for commercial use of high- and low-resolution images, the form below is required. To go paperless, choose the ‘Online Word form’ version and email the filled, resaved form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital Image Order Form and One-Time Usage Agreement (Online Word form–no printing required)
- Digital Image Order Form and One-Time Usage Agreement (Printable PDF form)
If you are ordering ten or more digital photograph copies, please use the Additional Digital Image Order Sheet (Online Word form version) or the printable PDF version in addition to the Digital Image Order Form and One-Time Usage Agreement.